This year marks the 21st anniversary of the Positive Images and Hillz FM will be the Festival, launch, which takes place on Saturday 13th June from 12 noon-4pm. The launch event takes place at Smithford Way CV1 1FY.
Hillz FM’s very own Ray and Kate will be launching this year’s 21st anniversary of Coventry’s Positive Image Festival 2015; there will be an entertainment extravaganza at the Festival Launch, with dance, music and lots more.
In the run up to the launch of the Festival. Hillz has been hosting interviews with organisations and individuals involved with the festival each Friday morning as part of our Community Access.
There are a variety of activities and sessions at the festival this year such as crafts workshop including knitting and crochet to African drumming to basic IT sessions and many more, come and get involved with Coventry’s busiest Festival of the year.
The Positive Images Festival began in 1995 as a one day book fair and has grown into a three week celebration of diversity and togetherness, supported by 70 community organisations, covering music, dance, drama, workshops, poetry, literature and so much more.
The festival was founded to celebrate the heritage and cultural traditions of the city’s communities, but embraces all diversity in all forms. In the 21 years since its inception, the Positive Images has seen many famous faces take part, including Birmingham born poet Benjamin Zephaniah.
This year’s programme
This year’s programme will see up to 150 activities taking place over the city of Coventry. The festival is organised and funded by volunteers and this year will be launched by the Lord Mayor of Coventry.
Events will be taking place across Coventry and they include;
Saturday 13th June
- Multicultural book craft and food fair 10am-4pm, CV1 1FY
- Homework help 9:30am-10:30am , Foleshill Library, CV6 5BG
- Crafts workshop 1:30pm-3:30pm, Cheylesmore Library, CV3 5JX
- African drumming 2pm-3pm, The Flame, CV1 3HX
- International Sports Day and Market 11am-4pm, Fargo Village, CV1 5ED
- Bands in the Park 2pm-3.30pm, Allesley Hall (Rear Garden)
- Basic it sessions (Women Only) 12:30pm-2:30pm, FWT Centre, CV6 6ES
- Recycled Acorn Project, selected schools across the city
- Women’s Support Group 11am-1pm, SAHIL, CV6 5AQ
- Family First Session 9.30am-11am, Foleshill Library CV6 5BG
Plus many more across the city
Hillfields Community Festival
On Saturday 27th June WATCH will be hosting Hillfields Community Festival. To keep up to date with the latest news on this event visit www.watchcharity.org.uk
For a full line up of the events taking place and for more information on the launch, please contact Colin Scott on 024 7683 2457, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.positiveimagesfestival.co.uk/